The posts in this collection are classified in four topics: Web, semantics, economy, and miscellaneous.
Web Science & Web Evolution
1. Evolution, a topic uneasy. Evolution does exist. But it does not contradict to the existence of creator. Web evolution is a typical example.
2. Steve Ballmer claimed: "only three things on the Internet that have made money". The model of Web evolution matches this claim.
3. President Obama, World Wide Web, the start of a new era. Isn't the real world nothing but another virtual world?
4. Build new centrifugal momentum on the Web. Now it is the time for us to build new centrifugal momentum on the Web.
5. swing between big and small. The swing between big and small in evolution must be constant cycle.
6. World Wide Web spreads like religions. As title.
7. Your online identity is a treasure inheritable. May we monetize it further?
8. The Golden Time of World Wide Web is coming. The financial crisis brought great opportunity to accelerate the Web evolution.
9. Art and Engineering. The relation between art and engineering in Web evolution.
10. The Internet, a bordered or borderless world? The Web is not going to be borderless in real.
Semantics & Intelligence
1. Positive Solitude, the losing capability. Solitude, a seemly negative attitude, is indeed not only critical but also positive to our real life. But we are losing it by the progress of the Web evolution.
2. Do not exaggerate the importance of machines. Make a contrast between machine intelligence to human intelligence.
3. Variation of meanings. Semantics have various types.
4. Learnable and Unteachable. Certain semantics machines may be able to learn. But we might never be able to teach machines some other types of semantics.
5. Consciousness has no single "seat" in brain. A new scientific discovery may let us know better about collaborative intelligence in the Web.
6. Mind, Gene, Spirit. Where does thinking come? My fundamental viewpoint about the answer to the question.
7. How to construct a high quality ontology?. Some basic methodologies for constructing the real-world ontologies.
Economy & Politics
1. Virtual economy calls for new institution. The financial crisis is an inevitable result of the conflict between the economic form and the economic institution.
2. President Obama's Vision. Liu Junluo rendered President Obama's actions during the economic crisis.
3. Big Idea inspires us, but what is big idea?
1. A beautiful mind of creativity. Elizabeth Gilbert is beautiful. Her beauty is, however, not only in her look but also (and more importantly) in her mind of thinking.
2. Outliers. May you be an outlier by your own struggle?
3. My Impression of Twine 2.0. Twine might have missed something critical when it matches toward 2.0.
4. Innovation: discover the profoundness behind simplicity. Tell an idea to somebody. In 30 seconds the one thinks he gets the idea and agrees to it, but actually after another 30-minute explanation he still does not really know. This is thus an innovative business.
Saturday, October 03, 2009