Sunday, May 08, 2011

Ruth

Ruth (1:16-18)

But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me." When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.


In Chinese Translation(路得记 1)

16 路得说:不要催我回去不跟随你。你往哪里去,我也往那里去;你在哪里住宿,我也在那里住宿;你的国就是我的国,你的 神就是我的 神。
17 你在哪里死,我也在那里死,也葬在那里。除非死能使你我相离!不然,愿耶和华重重地降罚与我。
18 拿俄米见路得定意要跟随自己去,就不再劝他了。

Today is Mother's Day. One of the greatest woman and mother Bible recorded is Ruth the Moabite, the grand grandmother of King David. She was not a born Israelite. To the end, however, she was remembered by God as an ancestor of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:5).

You do not need to be born great. You do not need to be born right. You even do not need to be born blessed.

The only thing that you must do is to pursue the great, the right, and the blessed after you were born.

Ruth was born as a Moabite. When she passed away, however, she had been one of the true Israelite among all the Israelite. There were no secrets. "Your people will be my people and your God my God." There are no other prays greater than this one.

It is simple. It is straightforward. In thousands of years of human history, however, there is only one Ruth.

May all of our sisters be the daughters of Ruth!

No comments: