Sunday, March 06, 2011

Repent from where fallen

Today I made a commitment. Every Sunday since today I will write a post about Jesus Christ, my lord and savior, and HIS grand mission. May the blessing from my God to every reader!

Revelation (2:3-5)

You have preserved and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.

In Chinese Translation (启 示 录):

2:3 你 也 能 忍 耐 , 曾 为 我 的 名 劳 苦 , 并 不 乏 倦 。
2:4 然 而 有 一 件 事 我 要 责 备 你 , 就 是 你 把 起 初 的 爱 心 离 弃 了 。
2:5 所 以 应 当 回 想 你 是 从 哪 里 坠 落 的 , 并 要 悔 改 , 行 起 初 所 行 的 事 。

It was February 26, 1998, the day when my life had been totally revised. I was immersed by the holy spirit pouring down from the sky. Before the day I was an atheist. After the day there is no way I can deny the existence and the greatness of God. The testimony I had at that day is breathtaking. There is absolutely nothing in this world that is more joyful than being immersed by the holy spirit.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:5)

After the day, I was eager in spreading the gospel. Although it was hard and many people, including quite a few old friends of mine, left away from me because of Jesus Christ, my life got renewed every day and my soul and body became fresher and fresher. The blessing from Lord to me was countless.

But my love to Lord was fallen when time lasted. The less and less I started praying but to seek the "normal" solutions of men when facing problems. While I was lazy to the work of Lord, Lord became less and less involved in my work. Until I suddenly turned around and sought God again, I finally realized that how far away I had been from Lord since the beginning. Therefore, deeply I repented and prayed God for the forgiveness. Thank to Pastor Ray T. Chen who had helped my renaissance in the past weekend.

The message is not just for myself. It is also for whoever had deeply loved our Lord before but was lost in the world since then. As God promised, once we repent and do the things you did at first, HE "will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

May God blessed whoever follow HIS words!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you choose Christianity? Wouldn't your prayers be valid if you chose any religion?

Yihong Ding said...

I choose Jesus Christ because I had met him. My testimony is at: http://yihongs-research.blogspot.com/2011/03/seek-and-you-will-find-my-testimony.html

About the other religions, I believe that there is only one God.