Monday, January 23, 2012

Economist: Fujifilm vs. Kodak

Most recently, The Economist magazine had two articles in a row comparing Kodak's woes and Fujifilm's revitalization. They are very much worth of reading. In particular I like the following quotes from the articles, which I specially shared here with the Thinking Space readers.

"...most important, firms must resist looking for a magic wand when hard work in needed."

"It is easy to think that companies can compete by outsourcing production and focus on developing and marketing. But many innovations bubble up from the factory floor. ... Today, as debates rage in America over the degree to which returns on capital exceed those from actual business operations, and the relative merits of employment in manufacturing versus the services sector, the history of Kodak is more relevant than ever."

The links to the original articles:

1. The last Kodak moment?

2. How Fujifilm survived?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Ive been reading this board for many many months but this is my first time posting.

I find this forum very useful but I was wondering about some other sites you use you use for this type of stuff.

Please list other relevant sites/blogs/forums that you follow

I'll go post an intro now!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with
SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!
Also visit my website comprar aire acondicionado panasonic